Required for September 2020
Contract: 37 hours per week – whole year
- 00am – 4.00pm (Monday – Thursday) – 30 minute break
- 00am – 3.30pm (Friday) – 30 minute break
Salary: Grade 2 (£18,065 – £18,795)
Responsible to: Finance Director and Senior ICT Technician
Ormiston Meridian Academy are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic ICT Technician to help support the academy’s ICT infrastructure, applications and other programs, including internet, website and electronic communications’.
A proactive and planned approach is essential to ensure the academy’s ICT infrastructure is fit for purpose and works to optimum effect.
Under the supervision of the Senior ICT Technician, your duties will include:
- Install and maintain computer hardware, clients, laptops, audio/visual equipment and peripherals
- Maintain an up to date inventory of ICT equipment and ensure cleanliness of equipment
- Assist in the expansion of the academy network infrastructure including, switches, cabling and wireless network equipment.
- Routine administration including; data backups.
- To support staff and students with the set-up and preparation of ICT equipment around the academy.
- Resolve tickets on the ICT Helpdesk effectively and within an adequate time frame.
The successful candidate must have an eagerness to gain experience, expertise and professional development through this position. A minimum of 5 GCSEs including English, Mathematics and a Science or a Technology subject are essential for this position. A relevant Level 3 Apprenticeship qualification would also be desirable.
The successful candidate must also have proven good attendance and punctuality.
Further information regarding the post can be obtained by clicking the links below:
To find out more about working at Ormiston Meridian Academy, please contact Mr M Bennett, Finance Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms along with a covering letter (of no more than one side of A4) should be sent for the attention of Mr M Bennett, Finance Director, email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 12noon Friday 3rd July 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be informed Monday 6th July 2020 and interviews will take place that week.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check.