‘We are all Scientists because we ……’
- Observe – We all use our senses to explore the world around us.
- Find Reasons – We all look for reasons to explain why things happen.
- Look for Relationships – We all explore the connections between things.
- Categorise – We all collect, sort and group the things we see.
- Make Models – We all build models to describe how things work.
In the faculty of Science, we have the ambition for all our students to have a high-quality science education providing the foundations for understanding the world through the specific disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Science has changed our lives and is vital to the world’s future prosperity. Through building up a body of key foundational knowledge and concepts, our pupils will be encouraged to recognise the power of rational explanation and develop a sense of excitement and curiosity about natural phenomena. They will be encouraged to understand how science can be used to explain what is occurring, predict how things will behave, and analyse causes.
|Year 7||Year 8||Year 9||Year 10||Year 11|
Curriculum maps currently under review