At Ormiston Meridian Academy we have a dedicated Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) department. The department offers a wide variety of support to students though the use of specific programs, dedicated support staff and the used of specific knowledge and expertise to ensure that students with specific educational needs/disables achieve their full potential through high quality intervention and support.
We use a range of testing techniques to ensure that students receive personalised support as well as liaise with our primary feeder schools to ensure that students get the best personalised support in our power.
We regularly review the support packages that we offer to ensure that they meet the specific needs of our students.
What conditions could an SEN student have?
- emotional and behavioural difficulties (EBD)
- autism, including Asperger’s syndrome
- attention deficit (hyperactivity) disorder (ADHD/ADD)
- specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia
- obsessive compulsive disorder
- communication difficulties
- medical needs such as epilepsy and cerebral palsy
- mobility difficulties
Our SEND department will;
- work with students to help them with their learning
- help teachers and staff working with students designated with SEND needs at our academy
- ensure that their parents or carers know about their child’s educational disadvantage and keep them up to date with their progress and needs
- make sure that information about students needs is collected and kept up-to-date
Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO)
We have a dedicated Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) who is responsible for looking after students special educational needs within the academy. The SENCO ensures all students with learning disabilities are well equipped to obtain the right help and support they need at school. A SENCO will ensure that students who feel left behind academically, have the necessary support to be able to continue learning at a similar pace to their peers.
If you have any questions or want to discuss your child’s needs in more detail please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com or call 01782 377100
Please see below a link to our local offer
The Local Offer will provide parents/carers with information about how to access services in their area, and what they can expect from those services. With regard to Education, it will let parents/ carers and young people know how school and colleges will support them, and what they can expect across the local settings.
Please see links below to our policies:
In addition to the support we offer within the academy please see a number of links that can be used at home;