Provisional 2018 Exam Results
Against a background of concerns nationally about increased thresholds for GCSE achievement and the introduction of new more demanding specifications in English and Mathematics, our students have produced some outstanding performances and we are all very proud of the class of 2018.
- Sustained improvements in GCSE outcomes for 3 years.
- 33% of students achieved grades 9-5 strong pass in English and Mathematics, a 5% increase from last year.
- 15% of students achieved the Strong English Baccalaureate with OMERA the highest performing non-selective secondary school in Stoke-on-Trent.
- 26% achieved the Standard English Baccalaureate which is above national standards.
- The English Baccalaureate (EBacc) is a combination of highly academic subjects recognised by the best colleges, universities and employers throughout the world. The EBacc attainment measure shows how many pupils achieved both; a grade 5 or above in English and maths GCSE, and a grade C or above in science, a language, and geography or history.
- OMERA is the highest performing non-selective secondary school in Stoke-on-Trent for English results with 57% of students achieving 9-5 (strong pass).
- OMERA’s provisional progress 8 score is -0.05.
- In total 18 grade 9s were achieved by our students.
- 8 students achieved a grade 9 in English, which is significantly above the national average.
- 1 student achieved a grade 9 in Maths, which is in line with the national average.
- 120 A* and A (or equivalent) grades were achieved by our students in GCSE subjects.
- 172 A* and A grades were achieved by our students including Vocational Qualifications
- 2018 was the first academic year where students at OMERA studied Separate Sciences. The results for Biology and Chemistry were above national average and Physics was in line with national.
Students, families and staff can all take pride in these results. These achievements are the results of high quality teaching and learning, the high expectations we have of young people and the tremendous support of their parents. To everyone concerned – our most sincere congratulations.
- DfE School and College Performance Tables